Whether you are organizing an event or campaign, publication or scientific meeting, make sure you submit the details and gain visibility on the World Osteoporosis Day map. Once your information is submitted, it will be reviewed/edited and posted shortly.
This section is for World Osteoporosis Day-related campaigns and events only. Advertisements for products or services are not accepted. Contact email@example.com for questions or concerns.
The 2018 Global WOD Movement
The World Osteoporosis Day (WOD) 2018 campaign calls for global action to improve bone health and prevent fractures due to osteoporosis, including vertebral (spine) fractures which often remain undiagnosed and untreated.
We invite the public, healthcare professionals and organizations worldwide to join IOF and its 240 member societies in raising awareness of bone health and calling for action on osteoporosis and fracture prevention in their communities.
Key messages of World Osteoporosis Day 2018
- Osteoporosis is the hidden, underlying cause of painful, debilitating and life-threatening fractures
- The most common of osteoporotic fractures are spine (vertebral) fractures, a major cause of pain, disability and loss of quality of life
- Up to 70% of spine fractures remain undiagnosed, leaving sufferers unprotected against the high risk of more fractures
- Back pain, height-loss and stooped back are all possible signs of spine fractures – ask for testing and treatment!
- A family history of osteoporosis and broken bones is a sign that you too may be at higher risk
- Advocate! Sign the IOF Global Patient Charter and join us in calling on healthcare providers to close the massive ‘care gap’ .
- Osteoporosis is a growing global problem that respects no boundaries: worldwide, fractures affect one in three women and one in five men over the age of 50.
Get tested and treated if required
World Osteoporosis Day is a key date in the bone field. It’s an occasion when people around the globe unite to put the spotlight on the immense global burden caused by osteoporosis.
Read the inspiring, real-life stories of people from around the world who have been affected by osteoporosis and fragility fractures.